2012-06-22

Stars Aligned

Other title options for this post
Karma Owes Me
Sometimes I Give Myself the Creeps
For Serious?!

Okay, let's see if I can get all this out sensibly in a chronological format.

Mid-April: I requested 29 June off because I just assumed that's when the Bank of West Celebrates America concert was
Mid-May: I found out the concert is really 6 July.  I didn't bother changing the request because Huey Lewis and the News isn't worth sitting around all day for.  (Kansas, Styx, and Foreigner or Cheap Trick, however, are.)
Mid-June: I realized there are 5 Saturdays in June, which meant I'd be scheduled for the FHC on 30 June.
18 June: I have a dream where the FHC is closed on 30 June.  Woke up thinking that was strange, especially because I wanted desperately to go in there and work on some things from Bertha's Memoir.  (That thing is a haystack of words, and I keep getting pricked with needles of geneological info.)
20 June: Return home from a couple of hours out with friends, find my cell phone right on the table where I had left it, picked it up, and said, "Oh, look.  No one contacted me.  Big surprise." 
Barely got the words out before it rang.  It was the director of the FHC, telling me the FHC would be closed for a funeral on 30 June.
21 June: My team gets an e-mail that pretty much says "PTO calendar is closed."  (Because a lot of people are already taking PTO, not because they're mean or we have huge backlogs.)
22 June: a friend of mine asks if I can take some time off next week to help her drive half way across the country because her stepmom kicked her out. 

Oh, hey look, I already have Friday off.........

And as long as we're back by that Sunday (which we should be), I don't see much reason not to. 
But don't get me started about the speculation that should be ending this week....that's months of serendipity in the making....
Or the random kid I'm about to add to my facebook becuase he got added to a church group on facebook and our only mutual friend is my team lead (who I think may be his aunt).

No comments: