2012-10-25

Asking About Forgiveness

Next month, I’m accepting the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) Challenge to write 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November, and I’d like to ask for a little of your help with it. (And so you know, you’re under no obligation to do this.)


The theme I’ve chosen for my novel is forgiveness and I’m hoping that the characters I create can learn the hows and whys of granting and receiving forgiveness. You've probably experienced things in your life that have required you to grant or request forgiveness, and I'm wondering if you would be willing to share some of what you’ve learned with me, and maybe how you learned it.

I’m not (and won’t be) asking for details or specifics so I don’t want you to feel pressured to share them in any way. You can either respond as a comment or e-mail me if you'd rather it be confidential.


If you’d like to help but aren’t sure where to start or what to say, here are some questions I've been asking my characters.  But if you want to share more, less, or differently, that'll work, too.

-What was it that made you realize the importance of granting/ requesting forgiveness?
-What have you gained from forgiving the person/people/entities you did?
-What are some tools (stories, actions, thought patterns) that helped you through the process of either granting or requesting forgiveness?
-What are some ways we can go about asking for forgiveness?
-How have you felt as you've given and received forgiveness to and from others?

Read more

No comments: