2012-10-11

I'm Emily, and It's October 12th

You know that "test" people give you to make sure you're ok?

How many fingers am I holding up?
What's your name?
                                                                                                     What is today?

I failed that this morning.

Instead of pulling from queues, we're being assigned claims based on aging date (because you can't pull from the queue these claims are in).  They come every morning in a nice Excel spreadsheet and everyone gets their own tab.

I came back from lunch and realized I had been working Emily's instead of mine all morning.  Thankfully she was working on other claims and is going to work my list (which has newer claims anyway) if she finishes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When we have questions on a claim from this queue, we go to another Excel sheet on the public drive to enter the pertinent information.  Like the date, claim number, our name, and the question or issue we're having.

Shortly after I announced my blunder, Kat vented that people had been putting October 12th as the date.  I verbally supposed it was because one person did it and the rest just followed suite without thinking.  So she scrolled up to find the culprit and said, "It was YOU!"

Apparently I came to work today thinking I was Emily and it was Oct 12th.
If this is the status of my brain, that 45-minute lesson I found out on Tuesday I have to teach on Sunday is going to be interesting. 
Especially considering tonight I'll be fixing my phone and then doing laundry while watching the VP debate.
Tomorrow I'm going to a concert and dinner with a good friend immediately after work.
Saturday is taken up by a wedding and reception I wouldn't miss for the world.

No comments: