D&C section 121
I've been wanting to memorize this for a while now. There's a lot of my favorite verses of scripture in there, and I was going to memorize just those, but then I realized I'd be memorizing practically half of it, anyway, why not shoot for the moon? I admit, I kinda got a head start. Got through verse 6 on Halloween.
Hymn 134: I Believe in Christ
The most difficult will be getting the order down. I probably have most of the phrases on call, but the order....yeah, that needs some work. Haven't decided if I'm going to be ambitious and memomrize the talk that I feel "goes" with it. Probably not. Depends on how long it takes me to memorize the other stuff.
Temple Stuff
I recently started serving in the temple on a weekly basis, and one of my duties is helping people remember what to say when. Which means I have to know it myself.
The Gettysburg Address
The version on the Lincoln Memorial. For balance. I wanted something non-church-related.
Now I've just got to work on sketching the itinerary.
Other goals
- Finish reading 25 books (I'm a slow reader with terrible reading comprehension) (for some reason, goodreads isn't saving my goal submission)
- Crochet a blanket from a pattern (working on a dishcloth now, for practical practice in reading patterns)
- Submit something for publication ("Constance in Sioux City" to the BCR or "Family Lies" to createspace)
- Get into my "skinny" jeans, even if it's just once. (I'll be walking after work on Wednesdays and during lunch when it's nice out)
- With scripture study, I'm going to read each entry in the Bible Dictionary and make next year the year I focus on keeping caught up with the Sunday School lesson reading.
1 comment:
These are some ambitious goals that seem to require a lot of time. You go, girl! And I like the Bible Dictionary goal, that's a neat one.
Post a Comment