I used to do these all the time but kinda lost the love and don't think I ever posted on the blog.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Taught a Sunday School lesson
Went on a date with someone no one else in any of my circles had met
Revoked a facebook friend request (Although always open to the idea, I'd been in limbo long enough.)
Went to an LDS temple open house (Kansas City)
Went through the temple to receive my own endowment
Went to a movie pre-screening (for free)
Paid off a car loan
Paid and traveled to see a (rock) band
Heard Gladys Knight sing live (for free)
Road tripped with my brother-in-law
Completed NaNoWriMo
Played my flute in sacrament meeting (after not playing in public for almost 10 years)
Killed someone....by playing the guilty character at a Murder Mystery Dinner party
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not-a one. 2012: Year of the Poem was a flop.
Readthe entire LDS standard works (OT, NT, BoM, D&C, PoGP) within a year, albeit on a technicality. (I started midday on Jan 1, so I figured it still counts as long as I finish before midday on Jan 1)
I've got goals for this year, but that'll be in another post.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I thnk my upstairs neighbors are caring for another newborn. Does that count as being close?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Don't think so. There were a few people on the fringe of my life or close to people I was close to, though.
5. What countries did you visit?
Rome. Oh, wait. Just felt like that since I took months to read the Catechism.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A clean bedroom. Maybe another bookcase. Can never have too many of those.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 10: First night I hung out at VI with the OWLs. Those people have changed my life. It was also the day I found out I had some pretty amazing friends.
May 5: that's when I went through the temple.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Prepared myself for the temple, paid off my car (early!) and wrote a novel.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not submitting "Constance in Sioux City" to the BCR. Next year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a late winter flare-up and heavier-than-usual SAD.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a set of scriptures for my dad since his had duct tape on them.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Saget's, maybe. He's brought a lot of people together. Now, if only they'd stay that way.....
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Oh, let's not go there.
What's that? You insist? Oh, fine. Red hair. That's all you'll get from me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To someone else.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nauvoo, Nightwish & NaNo
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2012?
See, this I can't answer. I had a lot of songs come at me this year, and some of them were new, some weren't. Some will remind me of things that happened this year, but they'll also remind me of things from other years. (Example: Tim McGraw's "I Wanna Live Where the Green Grass Grows")
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
This time last year? Sadly enough, probably happier.
ii. Thinner or fatter?
Oh, definitely the latter.
iii. richer or poorer?
Materialistically? About the same.
Non-tangible? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Walking, reading & writing poetry
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating. (See 17.ii)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Laundry, wrapping my roommate's Christmas gifts, and finishing up the New Testament.
21. How many one-night stands?
Oddly enough, all the guys who took me out on a first date (which I consider the Mormon equivalent of a one-night stand) found a way to follow-up.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Castle, Go On, The Middle, Psych, Sherlock
Does The Guild count? It's a web series, but imdb says it does.
It also says that Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog is a TV Mini-Series. Watched that dozens of times this year.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Kiiiiinda....I don't really *hate* anybody, but there is one person I like a whole heckuva lot less than I did this time last year. (See 13)
24. What was the best book you read?
Drowning Ruth
You know a book is good when you don't notice it's 2:30 a.m. and you're shouting at the characters as though they can hear you.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Great Big Sea, specifically their album XX
26. What did you want and get?
I got most of what I wanted.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Mirror, Mirror
I'll probably buy it once it's no longer at New Release prices.
28. What did you do on your birthday?
Paid off my car, then went to the temple
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
My roommate noticed I wear a lot of V-neck/scoop necks with tanks/tees underneath. Either with a skirt or black pants and flats.
30. What kept you sane?
Anyone who ever told me, "It's only crazy if you do it."
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Benedict Cumberbatch
And a little bit Nathan Fillion.
I also became enamored with how Pat & Vanna make it easy to believe their relationship is, always has been, and always will be, completely platonic. Take that, Rob Reiner and Billy Crystal.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health Care Reform/Medicare
Oh, and a little bit of the Walker recall trickled into this year.
33. Who did you miss?
Urbandale, although not due to a decrease in interaction.
This is the best way I can describe it.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
My favorites from the OWLs: J-Rod and Stu the History Guy
I virtually met a lot of really cool bloggers (Allie, Nicole, Karissa, Amber [who provided me with this format], the guys at PTA) and got to actually meet another (the other Allie).
I also met a couple of Josh's this year, although it's not entirely appropriate for me to share how I distinguish them from each other. :-x
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Besides the standard "Things Are Not Always as They Seem" you'll see in my "What I've Learned" series....
Even though I penned this little Hallmark last year, I really learned it this year.
Some friends are good,
Some friends are close.
The ones who are "best"
Will always be both.

No comments:
Post a Comment