2018-06-11

Ought to Do

I have a terribly long list of things I ought to be doing. 
Applying for jobs, writing, cleaning, crocheting, getting to the post office, etc.

I have made some progress since moving, I have to give myself that.  I'm also doing pretty well at not getting frustrated at the lack of hustle in others.  Because they didn't follow through on their end to have space ready for me, it took me a couple of days to get things stacked in my room enough to sleep on my recliner.  I'm trying to be helpful, and I think I'm getting better about it.  Once we get rid of the couch downstairs and the one roommate takes her cat to the vet (to hopefully understand and why and prevent her peeing over everything) I ought to be able to get a bookcase out and my bed set up on the floor instead of against the wall.

There is a job out there that's been out there for a while.  I applied for it about three weeks ago, before I put in my two weeks notice.  Bombed the phone interview, though.  Was deliriously tired and stressed, so when they asked how many days I had taken off in the past year, I wasn't ready to ask if they meant between my two jobs, planned or unplanned, etc.  Not that they would have answered; they asked how I would respond if a manager said something negative about something I knew to be true (or something like that).  It seemed such a vague question that I asked for an example.  To which the HR rep conducting the interview couldn't give me an example, just repeat the question.

I just need to do some research on how to reapply for a job that is still available.  I'm qualified, the current employee at the company was asked for a reference, I just bombed the phone interview because I didn't prepare well enough.

But right now, I need to log off, empty my bladder, refill my drink, and go pick up my roommate's cat from the vet.

No comments: