2018-06-20

VURI

Monday, Roommate S came home with a note from Urgent Care that said she has a viral upper respiratory infection.  Monday night, I went to Wendy's for dinner and started reading Sound and the Fury.  There was a lady who came in with a 7-9 y/o boy.  They got their order to go, then I heard her come back in and say something to the cashier that she had some car problems and would it be okay for them to wait in the parking lot.  They were still there when I left.  I didn't offer any help.  I could easily have asked if they had someone coming or if they wanted a ride to wherever they were going/to someone who could help them.

So when I moved to the sick couch after RS went to bed, I think it was my conscience's way of making me pay for not being a good person and offering help.  Because I woke up yesterday with about 10% of the symptoms that she had.  Hacking cough, sore throat, minor fevers and chills.  Which means I spent most of Tuesday resting.  I did manage to put away the laundry I washed last Thursday.  I also showered (a big deal when I'm feeling under par) and went to the bank.

Today's productivity was a morning trip to the gas station and grocery store (where I forgot to get cough drops/throat lozenges of some kind).  This afternoon, I met with the sister missionaries at the home of an investigator who has some adorable animals.  She warned us/apologized that there were four animals, so I laughed and said, "I live with six cats.  It's ok."  I repeated the same words when she joked about me having got her large cat going.  To be fair, it looks at least part maine coon.

I tried not to say much, and managed to not cough at all the whole hour we were there.  The sisters were on splits (they always seem to be on splits) and they challenged the investigator to pray about July 14th as a baptism date.  She expressed some skepticism about the date, although not about being ready.  Had the appointment not lingered already, and/or had I been operating at 100% I may have shared my story about when to receive my own endowment.  We exchanged numbers, so I suppose I could text her, or I could tell the sisters.  Basically, God reminded me (in a way unique to me) that I was ready to make those promises.

And I needed that reminder.  I haven't been to the temple since I've moved here.  Which is berserk when one of the reasons I moved here was to go more often.  I'm concerned I won't fit into my dress anymore, or that it will have yellowed. 

No comments: