2018-06-30

Sick and Tired

That VURI from the last post?  Worst illness I've been hit with in my adult life.  Made me glad that I wasn't employed because I would have needed at least two days off work.  I coughed so hard that I broke a blood vessel in my eye.  Didn't hurt, thankfully.  I was also glad to have been sleeping in a recliner those few days; I can't imagine how much less sleep I would have got had I been sleeping on a real bed (although, my recliner goes practically horizontal).  For about three days, I couldn't sleep for more than four hours in a stretch.

Problem is, I'm still sleeping on the recliner.  Why?  Because I have no place to put my bookshelves.  Why?  Because the promises of the roommates to either have taken a (water damaged, scratched up) couch out of the basement or make room in the bedroom of one of the other roommates for them (which Roommate S actually requested that I bring with me) have not been fulfilled.  So I don't have room in my bedroom to lay my bed on the floor.  It's been free standing for a month, which I'm concerned will start to do some damage to the thing, which is about fifteen years old.  (Possibly older; it may have been used when my dad picked it up for my sister when she graduated from her toddler bed.)  I did have a friend say she and her future husband could make room for them in their garage/basement if needed.  I'll take measurements as best I can tomorrow.  Either that or just make arrangements to get rid of the couch without RS's involvement.

My lower back has been in constant pain for about a week due to the poor sleeping conditions.  It finally occurred to me to put a pillow in the curved space, though.  So hopefully that helps.  Sorry to say that sitting outside on the ground for five hours yesterday didn't do much to help the back pain, either. Between the back pain and the lingering congestion, it's hard for me to take deep breaths.

Also, I've had a tooth on my left side that I'm pretty sure has had a cavity for over a year.  Never wanted to shell out the $8 a month, plus the deductible and travel expenses (I refuse to find a new dentist, which was 90 miles away) to get it looked at.  The pain there comes and mostly goes.  This past week, I've had some pain in a tooth on my right side.  Now, generally tooth pain is something I brush off.  However, the last time I went to the dentist after an extended period of time, he asked if I was sure I didn't have any teeth that were bothering me because I had a cavity that was not far from being a root canal.  I honestly hadn't noticed any.  So the fact that I have pain concerns me.

Hopefully that dream job of mine works out.  It's part time, benefits available.  Sounds good, right?  Well, it's in the field I want (medical reception) which is cool.  The hours?  7-7 on Thur and Fri.  I could really hone my crafts or get a second part time job with those hours.

I'll share more of my secret getaway plans next time.

No comments: