Bonus points for any artist you can identify.
...without using a search engine.
I'll make a batch of Smackledorfs for the winner. (They should travel ok, so out-of-towners shouldn't hesitate to play along at home.)
Hint: There are 32 answers possible, and no artist has two songs on the list.
1 Name a favorite song.
*reaches into hat*
"Amaranth"
2 Name your least favorite song.
I won't listen to Kid Rock's rip-off of "Sweet Home Alabama."
3 What song always makes you happy?
"On the Rise"
4 What song always makes you sad?
"We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet."
Now, just hear me out. The last words of the verse are "...while they who reject this glad message shall never such happiness know," and it makes me sad that other people won't know such happiness.
5 Name a song that reminds you of someone.
"The Boxer" reminds me of my brother-in-law.
And "Play Me Some Country Music" reminds me of my grandma. When some random, old, fat, gray-haired man got all red in the face singing the face off that song at karaoke in the bowling alley was the only time I saw her smile after my grandpa died.
6 Name a song that reminds you of somewhere.
"Crazy" reminds me of Portage Lanes Bowling Alley.
7 What's a song that reminds you of certain event.
I have no idea why I remember this, but "Jump" reminds me of Homecoming my Sophomore year. That's the song that was playing when I went back into the gym to get my shoes from under the bleachers so my date and I could leave with our friends.
8 A song you know all the words to.
Quite a few, actually. Let's just go with..."I Love Rock n Roll"
9 A song you can dance to.
"Tonight, Tonight"
Seriously, I can hardly sit still even when I just think about it.
I wish it was "Footloose," though. That dance takes the wind right out of me.
10 What song always makes you fall asleep?
I think I've broken free from the Pavlov effect "Kids in America" used to have on me.
11 Name a song from a favorite band.
Favoring bands is something of a recent development for me.
"Stained Glass Masquerade"
12 Name a song from a band you hate
"Photograph"
(Why did I ever like them?)It still makes me laugh to think about one of my friends saying "Photograph? More like Photocrap," in reference to the song.
13 Name a song that is a guilty pleasure
Toss up between "Party in the USA," "You and I" and "Best Thing I Never Had."
14 Name a song no one would expect you to love
*shrug*
I think my vastness in musical taste is public enough that I doubt I could surprise anyone.
15 Name a song that describes you
"You Give Love a Bad Name"
Seriously. My very first kiss was my first kiss goodbye.
16 Name a song used to love but now hate
"I Hope You Dance"
17 What song do you often hear on the radio?
"Good Life"
18 What song do you wish you heard on the radio?
"You're Still the One"
(Yes, this one is intentionally challenging)
"Valentine"
I listen every Valentine's Day for it, and it never comes!
19 What's a song from a favorite album?
Latest fave: "Distance"
20 What song do you listen to when you're angry?
I generally don't listen to music when I'm angry, but to play along, I'll say "Hate Me Today"
21 Name a song you listen to when you're happy
"Storybook Love"
(And I recently just found the sheet music for this! Guess who's going to be practicing something besides Christmas music...)
22 What song do you listen to when you're sad?
"Independence Day"
23 Name a song played at weddings
"Fools Rush In"
(I don't think my dad and I ever came to a decision as to which was the better slow song: this or "The Dance")
24 Name a song played at funerals
"Jeremiah was a Bullfrog"
(I don't recall any music from funerals, but I have a friend who wants this played at hers.)
25 What song makes you laugh?
"Candidacy"
26 Name a song you can play on an instrument
"Moonlight Serenade" (a flute part with sheet music)
27 What's a song you wish you could play?
"Nearer My God, To Thee" on the organ
28 Name a song that makes you feel guilty
"7x70"
29 What's a song from your childhood?
"Wully Bully," which, for some unknown reason, reminds me of the bald guy from Night Court
30 What was a favorite song this time last year?
uh........."Emperor's Clothes," around about.
Some legalese jargon: extra credit will be awarded for hymn composers, although they are not part of the 32 answers. Alternative ideas are allowed in commentary, however, a final answer must be chosen. Results and answers will be posted in a separate entry when the contest post will be at the bottom of the page.
And I lied: one artist does appear twice, therefore there are only 31 correct answers. I should have proofed this more carefully. Really.
2 comments:
Well... You've got Nickleback, and the LDS Hymns book, and Glenn Miller?, Shania Twain, Hot Challe Rae, Joan Jett, Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, and a couple others... I don't remember the order... Do I still get my batch of Smackledorfs???
I potentially have 16 correct without using any internet assistance. Check my work and let me know the total.
1. Nightwish
4. W.W. Phelps?
5. The Boxer = Simon & Garfunkle
Play Me Some Country Music = Alabama (or maybe the Oakridge Boys, but I’m going to go with Alabama)
6. Aerosmith
7. I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s the “Jump” by Criss Cross, though part of me wants to say it’s the Van Halen song by the same name.
8. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
9. Tonight Tonight = Smashing Pumpkins
Footloose = Kenny Loggins
12. Nickelback
15. Bon Jovi
16. Oh crud. What’s her name …? Isn’t she the one in the sad animal commercials? Martina McBride?
19. Do you mean “Distance Closing In” by Kylesa?
20. Blue October
23. Fools Rush In = Elvis (or the UB40 version)
29. Don’t know the name of the artist, but the Night Court character is not such a mystery. His name was Bull and he was not at all wooly.
30. Spock’s Beard
Post a Comment