As much as I'd like to go back to work tomorrow, I highly doubt it'll be advisable. Which is going to really suck come pay day, as I have zero PTO built up. At least I'll have Monday's half day, right? And the girls know I'm not faking it. The one was there Monday and practically threw me out by my shirt collar and the other picked up the phone when I called to schedule today and told me I sounded like crap. "Thanks." I meant it sincerely. One of my biggest fears is people thinking I'm faking being sick to get out of coming to work.
My days have been formed around my Givling spins. Givling is an app that started out using crowd funding, in app ad revenue, and trivia to help people pay off student loans and mortgages. I joined sometime around Feb 2017, and the game has changed quite a bit since then. Now, there's better odds of me getting money to help with student loans than when I first started. I probably won't ever get to the top funding spot, but there's more money to be won with trivia now that it's weekly instead of daily (I did win $28 once) and there's also a random $10k giveaway. Either of those kitties would make my loans more manageable. In the meantime, I can feel good knowing that I'm helping other people who are struggling with having literally bought into the dream of Joe College.
I've had a number of friends and random experiences reminding me that I have a story to tell. Maybe it's confirmation bias, but it's a confirmation either way that I need to be doing something different with my life than what I'm doing. So I'm here to apply for PT jobs and listen to Utah Phillips. (Side note: the friend of mine who introduced me to him just had a baby.)
No comments:
Post a Comment