I've been a slob today. Well, tonight. I was reasonably productive at work. I'm finally starting to feel confident in what I'm doing there, although I definitely had to actually tell myself to be confident about my work today. Last place messed me up bad.
Simply put, I have spent too much time on the computer tonight. Time seems to vanish when I have my laptop in my lap. Or just have free reign of a screen and keyboard. I actually do pretty well at limiting my surfing time while on a mobile device, and after less than a week of breaking down and taking my laptop off the "watch surface" across from my recliner, it has become clear to me and my tailbone that habits need to change.
I literally have not crocheted one stitch in the last two days. But I did manage to frog some while moving my work between my chair and my bed. Have been having more Old Lady Nights, which will help me continue to progress on my sister's wedding blanket.
One of the forums I frequent had an obligatory thread about New Year's Resolutions, and of course almost everyone mentioned weight/health/fitness. I had a particularly painful psoriasis flare up that forced that issue to the front of my brain, so I followed them to a group within the board where one of the members who is involved with coaching of that nature offered to give us all free advice. I know a lot of what I need to do in order to lose weight, but the how catches me up. Eat more veggies. Yes! But when my kitchen is a mess or I'm literally too tired to go shopping after work or leave home once I'm already there, fast food is too easy to pass up. I'm really good at coming up with excuses.
The physical activity aspect is going better this time of year than it has in a long time. I plan on playing indoor volleyball at least once a month and will be curling once a week for the next six weeks. Hopefully. I mean, I paid to be on a league, but I didn't sign up with a team and have not heard from anyone electronically as to what I need to do that first night. Other than show up an hour or so early to help set up the ice. I'm trying not to be too anxious about it. I mean, they're only showing one team signed up and they can't be that low on people signing up. Although, if they are, I would be perfectly content to just shoot the stones with folks. Or myself. I just want to be back on the ice. Curling is such a mindful sport.
Anyway, I haven't had any water since getting off work almost seven hours ago, and that's not good for my depression. I also have to get my room mostly ready for the contractor to add a heat vent into my room tomorrow. Which means taking the trash out of my room, putting my clean laundry away, and remembering to put my comforter over my crochet work on the chair (so the dust doesn't completely cover them). I meant to wash my bedding on one of my previous days off, but can do that fairly easily tomorrow night. All for the joys of not needing a space heater anymore!!
No comments:
Post a Comment