2019-01-18

I Had a Dream

Fell asleep on the couch again last night.  Woke up around 5 a.m., and went downstairs to bed.  Woke up with my alarm around 6 a.m., and discovered I had had a dream.  It strikes me as odd when that happens, when I dream within just one REM cycle.

I'm not nearly as congested or coughy as I have been, but I also realized that I've been skipping a lot of Vitamin D in the midst of taking all the decongestants and Advils.  Also, it's gloomy out, and I decided to not go in today.  I'm trying to block the "but what will your coworkers think" out of my mind, but not very successfully.  Back to trying to remember my addresses of the last ten years so I can finish applying for a PT job that's closer to home and looks like it comes with benefits.

Got an idea for a set of short stories called "Merry Band of Roommates," wherein I tell stories about my roommates.  I may very well set us up in my grandparent's five bedroom farmhouse, but put that house on the edge of the town I'm currently in.  Gotta keep it fictional and engaging.  There are currently four of us, but we have in our current circle one friend who lived here before, one who is making plans to move in, and one who might very well move in when the next one of us moves out.  I'm wondering if I could reno my grandparent's attic into a room or two.  It's so awkward wanting to go visit that house when no one in my nuclear family (parents and siblings) seems to care about it the way I do.

I want that house so bad.  Badly enough that I'll have to fictionalize living there.  I have to keep reminding myself of how far it is from the temple, because that is the only thing that's kept me from offering to help fix it up for an estate sale/ real estate agent.  I just love that house!!

Anyway, back to the dream of today....

Update: officially submitted my application to that PT job.  Leaving the FT Activities Assistant for the weekend.  I don't think I really want to work FT, but that position will allow me to be more myself all day, as well as make connections with people.  I don't really get to do much of that in my current position.  Sometimes I hate that what I'm looking for in a job to satisfy me changes so much all of the time.  Oh, well.  Back to Jeopardy and lunch, then writing for the afternoon Givling cycle.

No comments: