2011-10-10

Iroknee

For the random wanderer who has found their way to my blog and isn't LDS, let me tell something to you: the first Sunday of each month, Mormons fast and that Sunday meeting is opened up for anyone in the congregation to bear simple testimony of truths they hold dear. It's not mandatory, but most people step up to the pulpit because they feel prompted by the Spirit.

I felt a little bit of that yesterday, but wasn't sure I wanted to. We only had a few minutes left and blahby-blahby-blah. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I asked the opinion of my pewmate and essentially found myself asking myself, "What harm could come of it?"

Yeah, don't ever ask that.















Yes, it's kind of hard to see the bump on the right side of my knee in the image on the left, but it's all I could capture with my cell phone's camera.The bruise is a little easier to see; it's the size of my fingernail.



It really is a blessing that it feels much better today, and I appreciate feeling less anxious about it being something as serious as a fracture.

1 comment:

ESolheim said...

In defense of my position, I totally wasn't expecting you to stand up, let alone so quickly! With some warning, perhaps I could've gotten out of your way!! :P